Friday, April 23, 2010

Infection Update

The good news is (I prefer starting with good news) that the infection is not bad and the hope is that it can be cleared up with oral antibiotics. Therefore, we were not admitted and inpatient IV antibiotics may not be necessary.

The (not really) bad news is that Cindy has been told not to wear the prosthesis again for two weeks, or until we can return to Moffitt to have the leg looked at again. Therefore, it will slow up the progress that has been made thus far.

Why is this not a big deal? Because it's a marathon, not a sprint. We'll get Cindy on the prosthesis when the time is right. There is no rush or due dates, so this is not a's just (are you ready? wait on it comes...) IT IS WHAT IT IS! There! I said it! Original philosophical statements at their finest!

I'll provide an update over the weekend as to how the leg is doing.


  1. I think it's good news. She's home and she's ok. That's all that matters. Two weeks will fly by and she will be walking again!!!

    Take care,

  2. So glad to hear that Cindy was not admitted and the this can hopefully be cleared up with just oral antibiotics! Yeah!!

    Remember...slow and steady wins the race...even though this not anywheres near a will succeed! Small stumbling blocks gives us all character!!

    We love you Cindy! Sending lots of Get Well Wishes and big hugs from all of us!

  3. I'm so glad she was not admitted and that they think they can knock it out with oral stuff rather than IV. :)

    Love to you both!