Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WRAPPING UP THE DAY

It has been a long day...but very rewarding.

I am always amazed at how loved Cindy is and how she inspires everyone with whom she comes in contact. We had more doctors and nurses not associated with the surgery drop by to see how she is doing. Our two friends who are also physicians at Moffitt were with us all day long, one on her day off. We could not be more grateful to them. They provided us with information, friendship and peace of mind.

I am grateful to our daughter-in-law, Katie and her mom for spending the day with me and keeping me company. I also appreciate Kyle's girlfriend who wanted to be here with us but was unable to make it to Tampa.

A special thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and words and your desire to stay in touch with us. A huge thank you as well to those who volunteered to make our lives a bit easier once we return home. You honor us both with your kindness!

Cindy will be spending the night and much of tomorrow in the ICU. She is resting comfortably and doing well.

I will be leaving around midnight and staying at a hotel in Tampa. I agree with many of you that staying in the waiting room or driving home is foolish.

That's it for Day 1. Tomorrow, Cindy begins physical therapy in the morning. I'll let you know how it goes and share anything else that comes up. With luck they will have a room for us, but at this time they are not sure that we will be that lucky.

Have a great night!

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment